Safeguarding Adult Awareness 2024
Safeguarding Adult Awareness
Safeguarding is everybody’s responsibility. We need to consider service uses whilst in our direct contact and within the wider context in the community. By protecting an adult’s right to live in safety, free from abuse and neglect we have to maintain professional curiosity using a strength-based approach in implementing the Care act.
1. Understand how to engage and promote respect within relationships.
2. What your individual responsibilities are in helping to keep people safe.
3. To recognise the signs and symptoms of an adult potentially at risk and in need of safeguarding.
4. Be clear as to procedures for making an alert.
- Understand the principles of the care act & how to implement these principles into their practice.
- Be able to name the types of abuse
- To recognise the signs and symptoms and prevent abuse within their service.
Trainer: Allison Rosenthal
Allison Rosenthal Director of AJR Training Solutions has worked within the care sector for over 40 years. With a wealth of experience and a practical, hands-on style of learning that participants find both engaging and fun. Energetic and with a passion for helping people to think critically about what they are doing and how to develop this further, Creating stimulating and solution focused activities and programmes that are enjoyable, memorable and able to bring about change.